Team challenge registration is open! Here’s what’s new and why you should sign up!
4 months ago

Kings of Tallinn isn’t just the 500k GTD Main Event. It’s an action-packed fun poker festival that is joined together by the team challenge to determine the overall best team of the whole week.

From the very first year of Kings of Tallinn, we’ve been running the team challenge and it has grown bigger every year. Most recently the winning team took home the trophy and more than 16 000 euros prize.

How does it work?

2% of prize pools of all Kings of Tallinn ranking tournaments with at least 12 unique players will go into the overall team challenge prize pool.

Players need to form and register their teams of four members. Then they will automatically collect points whenever they cash at any of the Kings of Tallinn ranking tournaments with at least 12 unique players.

Points for the Team Challenge are calculated based on the prize money earned from a tournament by a player, divided by the amount of the average tournament buy-in (without the rake). Average tournament buy-in is calculated by dividing the total prize pool by the number of unique players.

The team with the most points at the end will win the challenge and 75% of the team challenge prize pool will go to winning team leaving 25% for the runners-up.

Team challenge ranking tournaments are marked with the event number being on a red background in the festival schedule.

Some new rules

Starting from Kings of Tallinn 2020, the points earned from the Main Event and the Highroller Event will not be multiplied with a coefficient, which means that cashing in these events will reward points with the same logic as cashing in any other ranking events.

Starting from 2020 we are also rewarding players 1 point for each time they participate in a ranking event. Note that re-entry will not reward additional points.

Registration is open!

Get your friends together and register your team online.

Team registration closes after the first break of the Main Event Day 1A. In order to receive points for a ranking event on Tuesday, Feb 18th or Wednesday, Feb 19th the team has to be registered before the respective event starts.

Don’t worry if you do not have a team, just show up before the first break of the Main Event and we’ll put you in contact with teams that are missing players.

Read the full rules and register your team for Kings of Tallinn HERE.